External Links — The appearance of the hyperlinks that are external to Official Marine Corps web sites does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Marine Corps of the associated web sites or the information, products or services contained therein.
1. This is an MCAS Beaufort Safety website, and is provided as a public service by the MCAS Beaufort Safety Office.
2. Information presented on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. Privacy Act Statement — If you choose to provide us with personal information – like filling out a Contact Us form with e-mail – we only use that information to respond to your message or request. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. MCAS Beaufort Safety Office never collects information for commercial marketing. While you must provide an e-mail address for a response other than those generated automatically in response to questions or comments that you may submit, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number
4. For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
5. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
6. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with [National Archives and Records Administration General Schedule 20]. All data collection activities are in strict accordance with DoD Directive 5240.1 (reference (p)).
7. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.